Re: grass

On Tuesday 07 Nov 2006 13:16, Scott wrote:

> I thought I remembered reading someplace recently that there was
> evidence that grass was more widespread in the late Cretaceous than
> was formerly believed...? Can anyone confirm, or did I make this up?
> At the time I remember thinking, "So maybe the arrays of teeth in T.
> horridus were an adaptation for grass-eating..."

Original article:
Prasad V, Strömberg C A E, Alimohammadian H, Sahni A, Dinosaur
Coprolites and the Early Evolution of Grasses and Grazers,
Science 2005; 310: 1177-80; DOI: 10.1126/science.1118806
Review:
Piperno D R, Sues H-D, Dinosaurs Dined on Grass, Science 2005; 310:
1126-28; DOI: 10.1126/science.1121020

--

Gautam Majumdar

Please send e-mails to gmajumdar@freeuk.com