Re: Omnivorous dinosaurs

Dann Pigdon wrote:

> Herbivores also get a reasonable
> amount of protein swallowing insects and the like that cling to vegetation

Interesting. I wonder if a study has been done to measure protein
content of cleaned forage vs forage-plus-whichever-insects-cling-to-it?

> (in fact, a lot of parasitic organisms rely on it).

My observation is that many insects avoid predation by dropping to the
ground when disturbed. Seems like parasites might evolve to cling tight
to the vegetation until swallowed.

-- DONNA BRAGINETZ