RE: *Dashanpusaurus dongi*

Evelyn Sobielski wrote:

> Should this be considered published for ICZN purposes...?

Can you mail-order it? Is it peer-reviewed? If so, well, "The Dinosaur Museum Journal" is >apparently a valid publication according to §8 ICZN:
http://www.iczn.org/BZNSep2004general_articles.htm

Peer review is not essential in order for a name to be deemed valid. It would be helpful if this were the case, but it isn't.

http://www.iczn.org/iczn/index.jsp

(Especially Chapter 3, Articles 8 and 9.)

What counts, also, is whether the new name is accompanied by a satisfactory description, including the designation of a type. Otherwise the name is a nomen nudum. I haven't seen the _Dashanpusaurus_ description, so I don't know.

Cheers

Tim

Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces friends module. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk