Re: Vote on the Definition of "Aves"

On 9/29/06, T. Michael Keesey <keesey@gmail.com> wrote:
> What happen if we eliminate crocs and akins (and turtles, tortoises
> and terrapins) - Crocodylia or Loricata?

I'm not sure I understand the question. "Loricata" has been used for
several groups (including crocodylians) but is now generally used for
armadillos, I think. Eliminate them from what?

Crocodylia+Testudines clade (some genetic study place Testudines as an archosaur taxon - syster to Crocodylia).

When they say extant, what if the group goes extinct?

Ah, thanks!

You're welcome.

[]s,

Roberto Takata