Re: Vote on the Definition of "Aves"

> APOMORPHY-BASED CLADE:
> - Actually, I don't know if this has been published, but I know
there
> are people who think it should be apomorphy-based.

The clade stemming from the first vertebrate to evolve fligth
feathers
and wings.
Benton MJ 2000 - Stems, nodes, crown clades, and rank-free lists: is
Linnaeus dead? Bio. Rev. 75: 633-48.

Egads! That's one of those groups that'd be easy to define but almost impossible to use at the base of the group. What would constitute "flight" in such a scenario?

Scott Hartman
Science Director
Wyoming Dinosaur Center
110 Carter Ranch Rd.