Re: More on the new pliosaur

I just wrote:

> > The [grov] bone structure
>
> German: grob = "roughly", "superficially"... also "brutal", but that
> doesn't fit here :o) , so I'd suggest: "Generally speaking, the bone
> structure..." or "The general bone structure...".

That was a misinterpretation. The German word can also mean "coarse", and
that's what the Norwegian one does here, as I have been kindly informed:

"grov" means coarse, the bones very cancellous with lots of vacuities
filled with dark calcite, so it was quite different from the more dense
bone of the smaller plesios.

Jørn
--
Jørn H. Hurum, Dr. Scient.
1. amanuensis Vertebratpaleontologi

I was thinking in a too abstract way! I need holidays. :-)