Re: The State of Math in the U.S.

On 10/6/06, Geoff Habiger <g.habiger@artemesiapublishing.com> wrote:
The sad thing is that's the normal state right now and not the exception.

Sorry to spoil everyone's fun, but I'm hoping I'm not the only one to notice these are obviously jokes, and not serious.

Our math education in this country is not definitely not where it
should be though. Perhaps if there wasn't so much focus on achieving
high scoring on "standardized tests" and "education for everyone", we
could be on par with other developed countries for mathematics.