Re: Question about Archaeopteryx's (non) reversed hallux

David Marjanovic wrote:

True, I forgot about that. All evidence there is is that in both all toes are on the same level -- the metatarso-phalangeal joints form a straight line --, but of course that's not enough to show any toe was retroverted.

Having all toes on the same level might be a prerequisite to evolving a retroverted hallux. At least, that's what I think.

Cheers

Tim