Re: Horner and Goodwin on Triceratops

On 10/15/06, David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:
> Unless I'm misunderstanding article 29.4, incorrect Latinizations
> should only be left alone if they were made after 1999. Marsh erected
> the family in 1890.

Thanks a lot for the link -- I think you have overlooked Art. 29.5,
according to which Ceratopsidae is to be maintained because it "is in
prevailing usage".

True dat.

I get about 14k Ghits for "Ceratopsidae" and about 1k Ghits for
"Ceratopidae", so while usage isn't consisent, the spelling with the
's' is easily the commoner one.

--
Andreas Johansson