From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
Dora Smith
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 5:56 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: New Bird/Dinosaur Book

This book has two problems.  First, it costs $70.

Second, it takes the approach that birds evolved from dinosaurs.

A book worth $70 would take the perpsective that birds are dinosaurs, and
examine the birdlike characteristics of the other dinosaurs.    If they are
going to discuss how birds EVOLVED from dinosaurs, I don't even know whether

to expect the dinosaurs to ahve feathers, let alone behaviors that resemble
those of modern dinosaurs.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, TX