Rhamphorhynchus wrist articulation

Hello All,

I am up to my eyeballs in a 1:1 model of Rhamphorhynchus sitting perched on a branch and have run into a bit of a problem with the hand/wrist articulation and could really use some help if anyone can come up with a good answer...

When perching (assuming Rhamphorhynchus did) would digits I-III foace fore or aft? In other words, could pterosaurs rotate their wrists or were they fairly fixed in position.

I would like to present the animal with the digits facing aft but will fold them along digit IV if that is not possible.

I can post in-progress photos to a website if that would help.

Thanks in advance,

Allan D. Smith Fossilsmith Studios http://www.fossilsmith.com

Get FREE company branded e-mail accounts and business Web site from Microsoft Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/