Re: Luis Rey's Dino-turkey

Heh. As a projected target slated for ingraining, I somehow feel a little
uncomfortable too. Or maybe it's just that second cup of coffee...

----- Original Message ----
From: Renato Santos <dracontes@gmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 7:12:06 AM
Subject: Re: Luis Rey's Dino-turkey

On 10/17/06, Ian Paulsen <birdbooker@zipcon.net> wrote:
> HI:
>  Someone commented that one of dinos at his website looked like a cross
> between a dino and a turkey and I agree! That's one Thanksgiving meal that
> can bite back! Luis: Has a price been set yet for your book?

What I said was that the fleshing out design for this picture,
http://www.luisrey.ndtilda.co.uk/jpegs/new/Chick.jpg , was too clearly
done after turkeys and other pheasants (including chickens). It's
rather hideous in itself but throw in the orange background...
*shudders* Not that it isn't well done but the choice was rather poor
IMHO.

After thinking a bit more about it, I understand that this was done to
ingrain into the projected target for the book that birds are
dinosaurs by frocking well and less known theropods in birdy attires.
I, however, would go for the "bird of prey" set on a dromaeosaur.
--
Renato Santos
http://www.geocities.com/rfvs1983