From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
Tim Williams
Sent: 18 October 2006 23:27
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: SVP statement on Dr. Rensberger-Burke Museum

Dinosaur World wrote:

>The point of this original thread was that there appeared to be hypocrisy
>in the way the academic community is reacting to these thefts of fossils.
>Cloud the issues any way you wish, but you are making the very point of the

>original comments. Theft of fossils is ok for some people, but not for
>others.

I'm not excusing Dr. Rensberger's behavior at all.  What I am saying is that

it's inappropriate to put him in the same boat as people who illegally dig
up fossils in the dead of night so they can sell them for personal profit.
Or those people who steal specimens from museum collections for the same
reason.

Cheers

Tim

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spa
ces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us