Re: Two Nose Horns? Re: Yahoo! News Story - Utah scientists find new dinosaur fossil - Yahoo! News

From: "franklin e. bliss" <frank@blissnet.com>
To: "Richard W. Travsky" <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>, dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Two Nose Horns? Re: Yahoo! News Story - Utah scientists find new dinosaur fossil - Yahoo! News
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:59:57 -0600

To quote the story, "The Utah Geological Survey said the fossil is unique for having two nose horns. It also is the first of this group of dinosaurs to have been found south of Montana." Apparently, the Wyoming Lance Formation and the Texan Big Bend Aguja Formation Ceratopsian specimens don't count. Typically inaccurate reporting but I wonder if someone at the UGS gave them that info.
Frank (Rooster) Bliss
MS Biostratigraphy
Weston, Wyoming
www.cattleranch.org

The group of dinosaurs they are referring to is Centrosaurinae, not Ceratopsia. I saw Kirkland's talk on it at SVP this morning.

Experience Live Search from your PC or mobile device today. http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca