Re: Avian Monophyly (Was Re: Sheesh)... :-)

Dora Smith wrote:

I was wondering when it would occur to anybody that post-Cretaceous birds might not be just one line of therapods.

Alas, there's no evidence that any theropod group other than the Neornithes (including lithornithids) survived into the Cenozoic.

I'll liven up that dinosaur throat discussion one of these minutes -

Forget that. Let's hear more about those Permian dinosaurs! I'm intrigued...

Cheers

Tim

Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live Spaces http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us