RE: Sheesh

ROBERT NICHOLLS writes:
 > ...humm, well, I've just finished reading "The Ancestor's Tale" by
 > Richard Dawkins and in it he asked "why were there no
 > dinosaur-moles?"  I would be very interested to hear some views
 > from the DML on this...

... presumably meaning no fossorial dinosaurs.

More suprising still, to me, is the absence of secondarily aquatic
dinosaurs.  So far as we can tell, they didn't make it back to the sea
once in 150 million years, whereas we mammals have done it repeatedly
in the last 65 million.  Why would that be?

(BTW., in case anyone didn't realise, the reason that the list has
been so quiet recently is that many of the more prominent and verbose
HPs have been at SVP.)

)_v__/\  It's hard to retro-fit correctness.