Re: Sheesh

T. Michael Keesey writes:
>>> More suprising still, to me, is the absence of secondarily aquatic
>>> dinosaurs.  So far as we can tell, they didn't make it back to the
>>> sea once in 150 million years,
>
> One subclade has done so repeatedly....

[*Draws deep breath*.  Please excuse me, Mike, I am not getting at you
particularly but this message is the straw that breaks this camel's
back.]

Ahem.

ALL RIGHT!  We GET IT!  We ALL UNDERSTAND that birds are dinosaurs.

Now can we please -- just occasionally -- have a conversation where,
when someone uses the word "dinosaur" in a context where is very, very
obviously means "non-avian dinosaur", they are allowed to do so
without half a dozen people leaping down their throats waving their
big cladistic banners?

Please?

)_v__/\  "Why does man kill?  He kills for food.  And not only food:
         frequently there must be a beverage" -- Woody Allen, "Without
         Feathers"