Re: Sheesh

On 10/24/06, Jamie Stearns <stearns5@cox.net> wrote:

As I recall, sauropterygians are considered to be archosaurs (correct me if I'm wrong here) and ichthyosaurs managed to give live birth well enough.

I think there have been some analyses that found sauropterygians and ichthyosaurs (the latter is not a subset of the former) as *archosauromorphs*, but not as archosaurs (a more restricted clade, usually the crown group). But, CMIIW, I think euryapsids (sauropterygians and ichthyopterygians) are being found more as lepidosauromorphs these days? -- T. Michael Keesey The Dinosauricon: http://dino.lm.com Parry & Carney: http://parryandcarney.com