Re: Sheesh

At 01:53 PM 24/10/2006, Andreas Johansson wrote:
Just a reflection; the sirenians nonewithstanding, most secondarily
aquatic amniotes I can think of have been carnivores. Carnivorous
dinosaurs were pretty much all bipedal. Now, birds excepted, most
secondarily aquatic amniotes were, I believe, quadrupeds before
returning to water.

Well, the green turtle is a vegetarian (though this may be a habit evolved after returning to the sea), and I presume the desmostylians were plant-eaters as well. So is the marine iguana, for that matter.

Ronald Orenstein
1825 Shady Creek Court
Mississauga, ON L5L 3W2
Canada