Re: aquatic dinosaurs (was reSheesh)

Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:07:06 +0100

Deinonychus47@aol.com writes:
 > Of course, the fact that we have no evidence of aquatic or
 > mole-like dinosaurs cannot be explained by the fact that we have
 > just not discovered any representative fossils, can it?

It's always possible, but since marine animals generally have better
preservation potential than terrestrial, it seems unlikely.  We've
found enough ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, nothosaurs and mosasaurs by
now that it's hard to believe a robust clade of aquatic NON-AVIAN
dinosaurs would have remained undetected till now.

maybe they weren't robust.

or maybe they were never particularly diverse.

or, perhaps they didn't differ much from their cousins. (ie, could we tell a yapok's aquatic habits, just from yapok bones?)

Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more?then map the best route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001