PaleoPortal Expanded - Now Includes Canada and Mexico

Dear List Members:

On behalf of the Paleontology Portal website (www.paleoportal.org), I am
happy to announce that this site has been expanded beyond the United States
to include Canada and Mexico. Additionally, the site now features an RSS
feed (for all of you who can't get enough North American paleontology) and a
teachers' guide with lessons.

With this expansion, we're asking for a little help from you:

* If you know of appropriate sites covering any aspect of North American
paleontology that might be added to PaleoPortal, submit them via
http://www.paleoportal.org/submissions/index.php. We are particularly
looking for sites covering Canadian or Mexican paleontology, as these are
most sparsely represented at present. Any non-commercial paleo- or
geo-related site that contains scientifically accurate and verifiable
content is eligible for consideration (the full editorial policy is posted
on the PaleoPortal web page).

* If you have images that might be appropriate for inclusion on the site
(we're usually looking for better-quality specimens that might be readily
recognizable to the lay person), please submit them via the above link.
However, please make sure that you have permission to do so - most museums
have specific policies on the use of photographs of their specimens.

* If there are any Canadian or Mexican paleontologists or geologists out
there who might be able to write short geological descriptions for various
provinces and regions, please contact me off-list (afarke@ic.sunysb.edu). It
shouldn't take a lot of effort - all we're looking for is someone with the
necessary background! As an example of what this might entail, see the page
for Idaho:
http://www.paleoportal.org/index.php?globalnav=time_space&sectionnav=state&n
ame=Idaho

Thank you for your support and help!