Re: Dinosaur a tecnical term; fish is not (was RE: Fish with milk (Sheesh spinoff))

and that in fact the whole process of taxonomy can't get
off the ground without them so doing.

Isn't that the point? Under some definitions of "taxonomy", phylogenetic nomenclature makes taxonomy _superfluous_ by uncoupling nomenclature from taxonomy/classification.

In Linnaean nomenclature, we first make neat little boxes of predefined sizes, stuff everything into them, and then label them. In phylogenetic nomenclature we tie labels to defined places on the Tree of Life -- no boxes, no intermediary step.