Whooping Crane Project

Dear All,

I realize this may wander a bit from the current topic; however the
museum had a wonderful visit from volunteers from Operation
Migration/The Whooping Crane Project, as they are literally "passing
thru".

As I'm sure most know, the Whooping Crane is severely endangered.  This
group takes captive born chicks, helps raise them with little human
interaction, and "assists" them with learning migration routes.  The
group started with 8 individuals, and is apparently now up to 18
individuals.  I thought I'd pass along their website for all to look at
www.operationmigration.org .

I was thoroughly impressed by their efforts, and it's always nice to see
someone take direct effort to improve a bad situation with positive
results.

Scott Williams
Burpee Museum