Re: Why did Phorusracids go extinct?

Bruce MacFadden reported at SVP that evidence from Florida suggesting Titanis
walleri might have survived until about 15,000 years ago was not valid, leaving
the oldest evidence of it from 2 million years ago. You'll find the 15,000 year
date in some studies, but MacFadden ruled it out, leaving the oldest evidence 2
million years go. That is consistent with the last evidence of the birds in
South America, not with the spread of humans across the Americas.

--
Jeff Hecht, science & technology writer
jeff@jeffhecht.com  http://www.jhecht.net