List User-related request

Occasionally I see the term "myth" used by members of
this list for something like a misconception or
discarded idea in paleontology or other science.
Properly speaking, a myth involves some aspect of the
supernatural, so there is no such thing as a
scientific myth. This misuse disturbs me because I
live in the bible belt and occasionally have to
confront creationist propaganda that scientific myths
are no more valid than religious myths.  When
scientists misuse the term "myth", it gives credence
to the propaganda.

Thus my request to members of this list: please use
the term "myth" only for non-scientific concepts.

Glen Ledingham