Re: List User-related request

I thought science was about falsifiable hypothesis and religion was about truth. Am I wrong?

Yes and no. Karl Popper -- who was the main proponent of falsifiable hypothesis defining science -- did not see it that way. For him, science was about getting *closer* to the truth, even if it was impossible to know for sure if you have reached it.

Of course, it's all got to do with what you mean by "truth" or "*the* truth", but I think the line that science is not about finding truth is an odd one, and certainly not a necessary part of falsificationism.

--

John Conway - Palaeontographer
http://jconway.co.uk