RE: Essentialism and such (was a bunch of previous subject lines)

> From: Jon Barber [mailto:augray@sympatico.ca]
>
> Was Welman's analysis of the brain, or the brain case? Because I'd be
> *very* interested in reading a paper about the brain of "Syntarsus"
> or Coelophysis, as opposed to the braincase. Were you possibly
> thinking of this?:

Yes, braincase of course, not "brain" proper. (If only we had it...).  And yes,
that is the reference. Check the dinosaur list
archives for a review of that paper, and then of Gower and Weber's newer
analysis in 1998.

> Welman, J. 1995. _Euparkeria_ and the origin of birds. South African
> Journal of Science. 91:533-537.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
        Mailing Address:
                Building 237, Room 1117