Re: Lampreys Haven't Changed Much In 360 my

It could suck blood of a variety of fishes. What ecological
resource did a lamprey use within a very restrict range?

Call me provincial but "fish blood" seems like a pretty restricted ecological resource all by itself. ;-)

Perhaps by "specialized" they might mean "highly derived"? *shrug* As a layman, I probably don't have the language to articulate what I think I mean. ;-)

Eric
"There is no other wisdom,
And no other hope for us
But that we grow wise. -- Diane Duane