Re: List User-related request

On 10/31/06, John Conway <john.a.conway@gmail.com> wrote:
True enough :-) -- but here's the line I was reacting to:

"I thought science was about falsifiable hypothesis and religion was
about truth"

Now if we take "falsifiable hypotheses" to mean falsificationism (maybe
an unjustified leap), then the sentence implies that you can simply
chuck out the notion of truth and replace it with falsificationism.
Which I think we'd both agree is problematic.

Well, I would define religion in a different way. For me religion is about faith (if one wants use "spiritual truth", whatever it means, its okay for me). And science is about facts (maybe "natural truth").

[]s,

Roberto Takata