http://www.ucalgary.ca/~dmhender/Animations/flotation.html

http://www.nserc.ca/news/features/dinosaurs_e.htm

Kent

On Apr 1, 2007, at 8:49 AM, don ohmes wrote:

I am intensely skeptical of the 'capsizing' hypothesis, so I guess I'll have to read the paper. Could some one post a ref for the 'Brachiosaurs-wouldn't-capsize' research, so I can check it out on my next trip to the library? Doesn't seem to come up on Google.

I anticipate that someone will soon publish a computer model that proves sauropods could generate enough methane to achieve liftoff, like the ass-blasters in 'Tremors'.

Don

----- Original Message ----
From: Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au>
To: DML <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 7:36:51 PM
Subject: Re: Berlin Brachiosaurus

don ohmes wrote:

Are there any extant quads that are unable to swim? Armadillos have a rep locally as sinkers, but other than that nothing comes to mind. Which doesn't mean much, so I ask...

I've never seen a chimp in water they couldn't wade through, and I've heard that the only thing that keeps chimps and bonobos from interbreeding is a river between them.

Dann Pigdon
Melbourne, Australia        http://heretichides.soffiles.com