From: Stephen V. Cole <adbinc@arn.net>
To: DINOSAUR@usc.edu
Sent: Monday, April 2, 2007 4:21:52 PM
Subject: Hoatzin

Thanks to everybody who sent me the answer!

I had a guy telling me "no such thing" and I knew I had seen it on television.

And, indeed, there are lots of birds with (badly) functional claws
(Virginia Rail) and lots of them with useless Vestigial claws (emu).
Mother Nature continues to amaze me.

*    This Mail List at USC.EDU only accepts PLAIN TEXT    *