Re: Spinosaurus Question

>As for _Altispinax_, the situation may be more complicated.
>According to
>Rauhut  (2000), Huene explicitly attached the name _Altispinax _ to
>the
>tall-spined dorsals.  Under this interpretation, _Megalosaurus
>dunkeri_ and
>_Altispinax_ have separate types, and _Becklespinax_ is a junior
>synonym of
>_Altispinax_.

You know, I was hoping this one would be allowed to slide for now....
;-) Rather than go over the whole argument again about whether Rauhut
was correct in his assessment or not, I would refer anyone interested
in this particular little nightmare to
http://dml.cmnh.org/2006Mar/msg00137.html and its follow-up messages,
up to http://dml.cmnh.org/2006Mar/msg00171.html. I don't think much
can be added to these postings at the present point in time. It ain't
pretty.

    Cheers,

        Christopher Taylor