Re: uh, dinosaur!

Actually rabies virus uses a rather similar method - causing infected animals to go insane and attacking other animals to spread the virus.

Tommy Tyrberg

At 16:58 2007-04-04, don ohmes wrote:

"The parasite Toxoplasma gondii uses a remarkable trick to spread
from rodents to cats: It alters the brains of infected rats and mice so
that they become attracted to?rather than repelled by?the
scent of their predators."

<http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/04/070403-cats-rats.html>

Intellectually, I realize that this capability in parasites is frightening; but for some reason, I can't feel any fear.

Of course, April 1 isn't far past...

Don