Re: Fw: Dinosaurs and birds

A cursorial approach to flight could be expected to work well on any planet that has gusting winds rather than uniform or no winds. I can't imagine any planet with an atmosphere that wouldn't have gusts. That doesn't imply that I think that the approach to flight was entirely cursorial, as the evolution of the 'flight' apparatus seems to me to be more related to increases in general mobility.
JimC