From: jrc <jrccea@bellsouth.net>
To: d_ohmes@yahoo.com
Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:11:27 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Dinosaurs and birds

>A man running in still air at top speed that catches a wind gust strong
>enough to increase his speed an increment above "normal running speed"
>doesn't "fall over"!

I do.

> You'd have every skill guy in the league
> pounding on your door, and you'd be rich beyond your wildest dreams.
> Actually, ANY athlete. If
> you are right, which of course, you are not.

I never turned pro, but did have an athletic scholarship in college -- does
that make me an athelete?  I'd fall over.  But then, I always was
klutzy......

> Those guys understand that margin of victory is _meaningless_. They
> _don't_ understand "small" windows of advantage. You either win, or you
> _don't_.

Most of us aren't Bill Tilden.  Those of us who aren't do lose some of the
time, and are more interested in improving our win/loss ratio than we are in
winning every time.
JimC