Taxon naming, Aetosaurs, ethics

I'd like to draw the list's attention once more to Darren Naish's
excellent Tetrapod Zoology "blog" at
        http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/
which is always full of good stuff.  (I put "blog" in quotes since
it's the only blog I've seen where every entry contains a page of
bibliography.  There are no photos of his cat.)

As valuable as most of Darren's posts are, I think that this one:
        http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2007/04/post_2.php
is more significant than most.  "The armadillodile diaries, a story of
science ethics" tells a story that, if true and if correctly
interpreted, deserves to be more widely known.  I certainly don't want
to pass around unfounded rumours, but it seems to me that Darren's
assembled a pretty solid story that is based almost entirely on
published works and which therefore looks easy to verify.

Do yourselves a favour and read it.  Don't be intimidated by the
length of the page -- three quarters of it is comments (although some
of these are also very interesting).

)_v__/\  "You MUST waste bandwidth and server processing time by sending
         an irrelevant header with a string that is going to be ignored" --
         Rob Sanderson's paraphrase of the W3C's soapAction specification.