Re: Arambougiania Citation Redux

Quoting "T. Michael Keesey" <keesey@gmail.com>:

I know Celtic grammar has different word order than most of us are
used to, but I can't make any sense of "Valley the Fountain". And does
this mean that _Pantydraco_ means "valley the dragon"?

I believe, in a sequence of two noun phrases, the second is interpreted as the possessor of the first: hence, 'valley of the fountain/spring'. "Pant y ddraig" would indeed be 'valley of the dragon'.

--
Nick Pharris
Department of Linguistics

"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    --Edwin H. Land