From: farlow@ipfw.edu
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Sent: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 8:21 AM
Subject: new paper

This just in:

B.T. Roach and D.L. Brinkman. 2007. A reevaluation of cooperative pack hunting
and gregariousness in Deinonychus antirrhopus and other nonavian theropod
dinosaurs. Bulletin of the Peabody Museum of Natural History 48: 103-138.

Brinkman was an undergrad student of mine in the day; he worked with me on
tyrannosaurid teeth.

This is an interesting critical take on theropod sociality that is bound to be
controversial. It also describes an impressive bit of taphonomic CSI evidence
about dromaeosaurid personality. I won't give the story away any more than
that, and simply quote the esteemed Brother Holtz: Read the paper.