Re: new paper

Sam Barnett writes:
 > > > Hmm, have this horrible feeling all my illustrations just
 > > > became inaccurate...
 > >
 > > Well, as I understand it (not having read it yet), the paper's
 > > not discounting group hunting at all, but casting doubt on the
 > > idea of organized pack hunting. Unless your illustrations somehow
 > > specifically depict organized hunting vs. mobbing, there may not
 > > be too much of a problem.
 >
 > Ah, that is a relief - most can be reinterpreted as mobbing, though
 > there is one which indicates organised feeding behaviour complete
 > with sentry.  I don't mind if this one gets more speculative and
 > less likely :).

On Darren Naish's blog, a subthread of comments has recently been
lamenting the lack of good restorations of aetosaurs.  While that's
true, of course the biggest gap in the palaeoart market is that no-one
has ever, ever produced a drawing of _Tenontosaurus_ Not Being
Attacked By _Deinonychus_ Pack.  For a moment, them, I thought the
current had shifted and we might get the occasional TNBABDP picture,
but no ...

http://library.thinkquest.org/26615/data/image/Deinonychus-tenontosaurus%20attacked.gif
http://dinonews.net/images/dinos/deinonychus_tenontosaurus.jpg
http://www.prehistoricplanet.com/features/articles/artists/karencarr/tenontosaurus.jpg
http://www.eb23-d-afonso-iii.rcts.pt/dinossauros/tenontosaurus_ficheiros/image002.jpg
http://www.cmstudio.com/image/CMStudioDinoPhotos%20016.jpg
http://www.kokorodinosaurs.com/tenontosaurusdead%5B1%5D.jpg
http://www.kokorodinosaurs.com/dino.jpg
http://library.thinkquest.org/C005824/gallery/Dollak/Deinonychus%20&%20Tenontosaurus.jpg
etc., etc., etc. ...

)_v__/\  "There is an element of truth in any idea that lasts long enough
         to be called corny" -- Irving Berlin.