Re: search Belgum???

Short explanation on what is going on concerning DinoData,

Some months ago I changed the site from regular html to a Joomla environment making it easier for me to maintain the site. Since then I am working on placing back the crosslinks. Two chapters to go, on one chapter I am working (Classification) EDP follows later.

There is a navigation help page dedicated to Mike Taylor with an explanation of the navigation.

If you want to see the dinosaurs that have been named from Belgium you go to Dinosaurs > Geography > Europe > Belgium to see the list with crosslinks to other relevant sections on DinoData. There are estimated one million crosslinks to guide you trough the site without the need of using the regular navigation. You can also search and there are searchcodes to.

In order to have full access to DinoData you indeed need to register there are several reasons for me to ask you to do so. The most important of them was to reduce data traffic now direct linking to images and other resources on the site isn’t possible anymore. On the other hand I like to know my visitors, spending uncountable hours on DinoData I think that’s a small privilege for me it is also my opinion that such registration is a little effort to make and not a pain.

Besides Dinosaurs you can also find information on flying reptiles, marine reptiles and Mesozoic mammals that last section won’t be getting crosslinks so you have to navigate trough the regular navigation bar. There is also a separate illustration chapter and much more.

Regards
Fred Bervoets
www.dinodata.org

Mike Taylor schreef:
Tobi Hautekiet writes:
> hallo everibody,
> > English is not my first langauge so please forgive for any spelling
> mistakes, and mayby i am wrong on the subject you see im just 12
> but if i am not mistaken there have never been any excavation's in
> belgum. The Iguanodon's are the only thing ever found and that was
> not on perpas, there is a prey but no hunter. I know it is very
> possible that there are createrues like Baryonix and Megalosaurus
> or Neovenator, but that is worth digging up wright, please mail me
> to give me information on this subject. Thanks for your attention.

Hi, Toby.  Welcome aboard, and congratulations on doing a _much_
better job at writing English than most of us could ever do with any
of the Belgian languages.

One place to look for this information is the EuroDino DB Project,
which is part of Fred Bervoets's DinoData web-site at:

http://www.dinodata.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=32&Itemid=110

Unfortunately, you'll need to register to get access, which is a pain,
but not a disaster.  Also unfortunately, all the useful introductory
material that used to be online for this project seems to have gone
away, so you'll be navigating blind.  I don't remember whether it used
to be possible to search by country of fossil origin, but it's now.
What you can do is search for contents of museums by country, and the
entry for Belgium Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences
(Brussels) at

http://www.dinodata.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4832&Itemid=110
doesn't seem to have any native material other than the _Iguanodon_
that you mentioned (?two species) and an indeterminate scrap of a
largish theropod's finger.  I'd expect there to be more good original
material in the national museum if more had been found.

Finally, I can confirm from my own database that no genera of
dinosaurs have been named from Belgium -- that is, all dinosaurs that
have been found in Belgium have been considered to belong to an
existing genus.

Hope this helps.

)_v__/\  "In all modesty, I think I can claim to have played a part in
         the story of the club's success" -- Bob Paisley.