Re: PDF request

David Marjanovic wrote:

> I agree on most of your points, but PDFs have a few important advantages
> over paper copies: lots of them together don't take up more physical space
> than a USB key or at most a laptop, and they are searchable.

Us 'oldies' seemed to manage quite well in the old days. Paper articles
are also searchable, but it requires a modicum of effort - something
that's apparently unacceptable these days. :)

> And no, Gaia is not a common journal. Let alone the English edition of Acta
> Geologica Sinica (perhaps uniquely in Europe, the huge library of the Museum
> of Natural History in Paris has the Chinese edition, which is an entirely
> different journal, but it still doesn't have the English edition which
> describes all the dinosaurs). And that goes twice for The Cycad Newsletter.

I'm probably spoiled by having several major universities close by
(especially the University of Melbourne).

Dann Pigdon
GIS / Archaeologist              geo cities.com/dannsdinosaurs
Melbourne, Australia             heretichides.soffiles.com