Re: Planet of the New Papers

I want to thank Sarah for helping reivindicate the
value of the research of us
non-native-English-speaking paleontologists on the
list.
I want to believe that most of our American or British
colleagues consider our work as important and
worthwhile even if it is not published in English, and
not simple neglect what you call "scientific efforts"
of hundreds of (e. g.) Argentinian, Brazilian,
Chinese, French, German, Russian, Spanish and Mexican
scientists. To mention a very well-known example, The
Polyglot Paleontologist carries out a lot of
translations of key papers written in other languages
into English, which indicates (at least to me) that
there is a growing interest in them...
Best regards,

Ruben Guzman.
Mexico.

http://www.fundaciondinosaurioscyl.com/es/contenido/index.asp?iddoc=575#

http://www.fundaciondinosaurioscyl.com/es/tienda/index.asp?idsec=18

> Sarah
>
> --
> Sarah Werning
> reply to: swerning@berkeley.edu
> Museum of Paleontology and Department of Integrative
> Biology
> University of California, Berkeley
> 1101 Valley Life Sciences Building
> Berkeley, CA 94720-4780
>

> On 8/17/07, john hunt <john.bass@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
> > Not being funny - but not being published in
> English is a waste of paper.
> > Although the mass immigration from Mexico is
> causing some US states to
> > become bi-lingual, nevertheless English is rapidly
> becoming the world
> > language, although it may surprise some of our US
> members that yes, English
> > is spoken and read in England (and indeed the UK).

¡Sé un mejor ambientalista!
Encuentra consejos para cuidar el lugar donde vivimos.
http://mx.yahoo.com/promos/mejorambientalista.html