Back to the Campanian

OK, so now for some more Mesozoic:

Digging though my list of possible Neornithes from
that era, I came across the paper on _Piksi
barbarulna_. The namesake elbow has me puzzled - the
authors don't discuss this, but would "the large
dorsal epicondyle of the humerus and the large dorsal
cotyla of the ulna" not put mechanical limitations on
wing extension and pronation/supination?

In case you haven't got the paper, ask me or see
Mickey's drawing of the hypodigm here:
http://dino.lm.com/images/display.php?id=1154

TIA,

Eike

      ________
Yahoo! Clever: Stellen Sie Fragen und finden Sie Antworten. Teilen Sie Ihr
Wissen. www.yahoo.de/clever