Re: Planet of the New Papers

I think your computer is really "strange" :-) Tyrannosaurus rex is still Tyrannosaurus rex in French.

No, it's most likely typical---a typical example of what's wrong with machine-translation software.

If I recall correctly, tiranosaurio is the informal layperson's word for "tyrannosaur" in Spanish, although I'm sure that Tyrannosaurus rex is still the word used in Spanish scientific publications. It would be interesting to see what a lay word like "tyrannosaur" (as opposed to the scientific binomial) translates to in other languages (or even other scripts, such as Chinese, etc.).

Find just what you are after with the more precise, more powerful new Windows Live Search. http://search.msn.com.sg/ Try it now.