Re: News Item: Dinosaurs sprinted across the planet

You get more money if you link it to climate change...

--On Wednesday, August 22, 2007 14:08 +1000 Colin McHenry <cmchenry@westserv.net.au> wrote:

I like to think that I've drawn some long bows with press releases
before, but I'm in awe of this one:

*************
from http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/2007/2011671.htm

"Looking at how these ancient animals lived and died out is also
important in trying to predict how modern species may cope with future
climate change, Sellers adds.

This study helps to build a biological picture that scientists can use to
better understand how dinosaurs adapted to changes in the weather just
before they went extinct some 65 million years ago, he says."

Palaeobiomechanics and climate change.  To quote the late great Bill
Hicks, "Who would have thunk it?"

--
Colin McHenry

---------------------- M. Sakamoto Department of Earth Sciences, University of Bristol, Wills Memorial Building, Queen's Road, Bristol BS8 1RJ, UK M.Sakamoto@bristol.ac.uk