RE: Clastic or Carbonate

Good point!!

Plus, you have a better chance of a really nice field trip if your
carbonates course has a "modern depositional environments" component. (e.g.,
the Bahamas, the Florida Keys, the Caribbean, etc.) Okay, so you'd have to
poke around in smelly mangrove swamps, but you'd also get to snorkle.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/