re: Long Bone Scaling in Neosauropod Dinosaurs

Says Colin McHenry, the proud Novocastrian...

That's just so wierd. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that the isometric scaling strongly suggested an aquatic habit....

It does get you thinking, doesn't it? If neosauropods were "stilt-like walkers", maybe the limbs were habitually used as... stilts?

Interestingly, titanosaurs were excluded from the study. These guys had a 'wide-gauge' stance, in which the limbs were placed much farther from the midline than other neosauropods.

Cheers

Tim

Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes! http://club.live.com/clink.aspx?icid=clink_hotmailtextlink2