Re: PDF request

<<But anyone can go to a library and make a photo-copy for their own use
(fair use).>>

I'm a bit late (holidays), but that's not actually always the case, Frank.
Some libraries don't allow photocopying of papers on the grounds, I suppose,
of possible infringement of copryright.  Whatever the reason might actually
be, not all allow it.  Out of the kindness of their heart, a student tried
to photocopy a paper from their university library for me.  Their
straightforward request was met with shocked eyebrows and a shaking head
from the librarian, even after the addition of a pretty please.  They were
sent to the corner of the room and instructed to take notes.

Ever so kindly, they did just that and sent those instead.