Re: the importance of Qianosuchus

Thanks to Tim for catching the persistent typos on the Hairy Museum writeup--it's more than a bit embarrassing to find out that I had misspelled the name for so long. I'll get the text corrected straight away, the name in the image will take a little longer.

I appreciate David's compliment about my line drawing, but I should caution against using my rough skeletal reconstruction to draw any detailed conclusions. While I strove to be as accurate as possible, it really is just the result of a few hours of tracing the bones from the photographs in the original paper and rearranging them in a somewhat-lifelike pose. It was intended primarily to show what is known and get across the proportions of the animal.

The photographs in the original description are quite good; I'd recommend those to anyone interested in the finer points of the anatomy of Qianosuchus. If anyone is interested in looking more closely at or modifying my reconstruction, I'd be happy to pass along my Illustrator file (after the long weekend).

Best,
Matt Celeskey

The Hairy Museum of Natural History
http://www.hmnh.org