SciVee.tv - It's Youtube for science

It's been my experience that many in Academia are
relying on youtube, or google video (which now =
youtube) to get a lot of the neat videos used to aid
their classes, or labs.

Apparently pharmacologist Dr. Phillip Bourne also
noticed this, and capitalized on it.

The full story can be read here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22068627/

The website itself can be located here:

http://www.scivee.tv/

I think this a great addition to have. From a
professional point of view, one can actually see how
other researchers performed their experiments. From an
educational perspective, I can see this type of format
making the grasping of concepts easier in both
lectures and labs.

Things are still fairly barren right now (it is still
a startup), but if it takes off, this could be a
really helpful addition to science in general.

So, if any of professional paleontologists out there
have a paper on the way out, maybe they should
considering adding a little video highlighting the
importance of their findings (a "pubcast," as the site
calls it). Lord knows SciVee could use some paleo
content.

Jason

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs